Friday, September 12, 2008

calvin klein spring-summer 2009

Francisco Costa created a unique collection for Calvin Klein. Instead of concentrating on female form, he put all of his effort and imagination on geometric shapes that could be created on a garment. Majority of the collection reminded me the origami pieces which I used to love when I was a kid ( I still love origami tough). Luxurious and shiny fabrics with modest colors ( mostly in nude and white) are folded, draped and pressed to create a three-dimension. It is a nice, experimental process that forces the limits of the majority. Some might not prefer this look, or find it a little harsh to wear, but to me it's unique and neat. I am not quite sure if it will be commercial enough since it doesn't have a sexy appeal, but still my vote goes to CK.

No comments: