Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Resort 2009- continued

Balenciaga
One of my favorite collections from Resort2009; away from the über-feminine look-but still not too far- we see the skinny pants with draped and twisted tops. So many mix and match themes of nineties minimalism; layered tops, painted jeans..
Don't you want to have all the below in your wordrobe?! I do , I do!









Alexander Mcqueen

I can not find much to say actually, love at first sight !
The clothes, the make up , the posture, everthing below just dazzles me ..





Nina Ricci

I think the designer Olivier Theyskens is a nostalgic romantic. After his presentation, he said he wanted to re-create something old fashioned in " a cool, urban way for a modern girl." He did it by updating the countryside staple of granny cardi over floral dress
es. He also had his classic - cloud grey satin tuxedo. Critics say he brought back Victoriana into 2008, showing constructed, lean gowns with matching jackets.







Marc Jacobs

"Unfortunately, it's extremely timely," Marc Jacobs said of his Yves Saint Laurent-inflected Resort collection. He has used an exotic palette of magenta, green, and royal blue with outside heart necklaces. "If Yves Saint Laurent designed Escada, it might look like this," he joked.

I only selected six designes from his collection, but that was quite difficult for a MARC JACOBS fan like me, I just adore his work of art!
The color combinations, and the designs, the details in every corner of the fabric, they just make sence.. For me , his style is a bit romantic , but masculine at the same time , I do not know how that is possible, or am I the only one thinking this?





http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/2009RST/review/MJACOBS

Chanel

The 74-look collection mixed rock 'n' roll with seventies swing and high glamour, all rendered with Lagerfeld's forward-minded attitude.
Not exactly my style, but here they are , the Chanel:






Zac Posen

With a wide range of collection with 150 pieces, Zac Posen combines womens' demands of different styles of clothing. He states, for the girl "who goes to the country club and listens to her Bow Wow Wow." his collection is for.




http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/2009RST/review/ZPOSEN

No comments: