Sunday, July 29, 2012

Unfading Flame

As we are the kids of few TV channels of past, the place of Olympic games in our hearts is unique. Is there anybody who does not miss those days that we used to sit in front of TV altogether and watch friendly competitions of athletes from different nations, races, and genders? We did not have either internet, nor plenty of TV shows, but we were more aware of what was going on in the world. We would pay close attention to Winter Olympics, Open Tennis Tournaments, world records which would be broken one after other.  We would talk about the success of sportsmen rather than talking about our friends' Facebook updates.
Seeing an Olympic Game Opening Ceremony live is my dream. I'm hoping to make this dream come true before I get old. I'm worried about falling asleep during the ceremony like Queen of UK if I get too old. Can you imagine? Wait for years to be there, and then feel tired and sleep :) I had the chance to watch the ceremony on TV and loved it. Especially I love when the countries start carrying their flags.
I must admit that I felt a little ignorant when I saw all these countries that I had never heard of before. I decided to study more world map from now on. Some countries had hundreds of athletes, some had only one who carried the flag. That's the beauty of the Olympic Games: It is not how many athletes a county has, it is joining to games what matters the most. 
Let the Olympic flame keep burning and keep bringing all nations together for a better world!

Illustration by Ole

For Turkish please click TrendKupu

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to fulfill your dream. I'm sure you'll get to do it before you're old :)

Olé said...

Thank you Ash Louise! It's always good to be optimistic ;)

Chinmay Sahoo said...

I like that you focused so much on the interpersonal aspects of growing a brand. One of the really tricky things to get across to new bloggers (without seeming like a jerk) is that it’s still all about reaching out to other people–you’re not just drawing people to you like some glowing beacon for internet moths, you’re going out there and communicating with them.



Hanuman Chalisa Yantra | Body Buildo | Fair Look | Slim Pro | Sandhi Sudha | Hot Shapers | Step Up Height Increaser | Aire Bra